About Halong Bay Heritage Marathon
Halong Bay Heritage Marathon is one of the biggest, most professional and well-organized International Marathon in Viet Nam. It is held annually on the last Saturday of November in the World’s Natural Heritages internationally recognized by UNESCO Halong Bay. The race aims at creating a healthy and active environment for running enthusiasts to challenge themselves as well as to meet and share their experiences. The design of the running courses offer a unique stunning course across Bai Chay Bridge, the longest single span bridge in Southeast Asia, providing runners with a spectacular view from above to the magnificent Halong Bay. The route continues through picturesque spots of mountains and coastal lines along the bay and beautiful fishing villages. The race starts and finishes at Quang Ninh Museum Library – an honored work of architecture.
Join Halong Bay Heritage Marathon – a convergent place for all running feet and nature lovers.
1. Halong Bay Heritage Marathon’s goals:
• To promote a healthy environment with a focus on physical exercises for Vietnamese in general, as well as expand the long-distance running community in Vietnam and around the world.
• To amplify the sport spirit for participation, non-discrimination, equality, friendship and shared passion for running
• To make the event successful and enjoyable for runners with the beauty of unique scenery attractions in Halong Bay, a World’s Natural Heritage internationally recognized by UNESCO.
2. Advantages of Halong Bay Heritage Marathon
• Being a unique running course alongside the most beautiful and mesmerizing coastline of Halong Bay, Halong Bay Heritage Marathon has always been a must in your yearly running schedule.
• Being one of the most well-organized marathons in Vietnam with the strong support from the local authority, Quang Ninh Department of Culture and Sport, our mission and vision is to become an annual world-class international race. Therefore, we are committed to perfect ourselves through each year of the marathon.
• With diverse running distances: 42.195km marathon, 21.1km half-marathon, 10km run and a 5km fun run, everyone can join and experience these unique running courses, as well as competing against elite runners in the most ideal weather and well-equipped, modern infrastructure.
• Enjoy privileges with world-class services, every customer's need will be satisfied with the best hotel network in Vietnam and a mesmerizing cruise tour of Halong Bay.
3. Race date for 2017: 25 November, 2017
• The end of November is the beginning of winter
• The weather is dry and cold
• Temperature is around 16-18.C (or 60.8-64.4.F)
5. Race distances: 4 distances:
• 42.195km Full marathon
• 21.1km Half-marathon
• 10km run
• 5km fun run
6. Age Limits: Please note the following age limits:
• 42km Marathon: Minimum 18 years old on race day.
• 21km Half Marathon: Minimum 18 years old on race day.
• 10km Run: Minimum 15 years old on race day.
• 05km Fun Run: Minimum 10 years old on race day.
7. Race Course conditions:
• Halong Bay Heritage Marathon is a mostly-flat course, which will lead you to discovering Halong Bay in each running step, from the mesmerizing coastline and fishing villages, to the record-breaking bridge with a panoramic view of the bay. A gentle slope that leads to the Bai Chay Bridge will be a little challenge to those who want to take full and half marathon
• With this unique course by the world-recognized heritage bay you can take amazing photos anywhere.
• Surface: The entire race track is covered by bitumen.
• A part of the races will take place on open streets with vehicle traffic, as traffic cannot be blocked for the whole route. However, there will be police, security guards, and volunteers, therefore runners will have priority over other road users. Please obey their instructions.
8. The course map: The official course map now is available on the website with details of all marked check points as well as water stations and aid stations
9. Route set up, services and logistic:
• There will be Bag Drop at the starting venue. You can check-in your personal bag at Bag Drop Booth, however we highly recommend you leave all valuable items at your hotel.
• Belongings on race day: Please leave all personal belongings in a bag or backpack. Please mark your personal belongings clearly with your name and BIB number! Do not place any valuables among the items you hand in on race day. Although the personal belongings are under staff surveillance, the Halong Bay Heritage Marathon organizers cannot be held responsible for any lost items.
• The organizer will provide runners with a fenced private area in front of and behind the Start/Finish Line to guarantee their privacy and ensure that they will not be disturbed.
• Kilometer signs: Kilometer signs can be found along the entire route. Owing to the conditions, however, they may be placed with “+/- meters” from the exact point. The signs are therefore only for orientation and runners shouldn’t calculate speed based only on the signs.
• Race officials: English-speaking race officials from the Quang Ninh Department of Culture and Sport, other Authorities Departments and DHA Vietnam are in charge of the event. All decisions made by the rangers, race officials and medical team are final. This also includes removing a participant from the race.
i. At the Start/Finish line and every 3km, a water station will be set up to deliver water to each participant. The race supporters will distribute the water to all runners.
ii. There will be water, alkaline ionized water and high-energy fruits at each Water Station.
iii. Personal supplies: Personal supplies (energy gels, food, drinks, clothes, etc.) can be places at selected water stations along the route. Personal supplies must be clearly marked with your bib number and which water station they are to be placed at and hand to organizer during Race Kit distribution
10. The Start/Finish Line
• The Start/Finish Line of the race is located in the 30/10 square Hong Hai ward, Halong, Quang Ninh, next to the Museum and Library of Halong. The Start/Finish Line is at the center beachfront area allowing easy access from other tourist sites in the area.
• You are required to be at Starting Line 30 minutes before the Start of the races
• Transportation to the Starting Line: You can reach the Starting Line by various transportation methods, such as: taxi, car, motorbike, etc.
i. We provide free transportations to the Start Line for runners who will stay in our official hotels in Halong. Details of transportation schedules will be announced to runners and on our website 10 days prior to the race.
ii. You can take a taxi to Starting Line if you will stay at other hotels. Please ask your hotel reception for assistance. It takes about 20 minutes (around 8 to 10km) from Bai Chay to the Starting Line on Hon Gai island.
11. Runner’s briefing:
• There will be a briefing before the race, which will take place in our official hotel in Halong on Nov 24 in the afternoon to provide runners all necessary and useful information for the race day.
• The schedule will be announced to all runners 10 days prior the race day.
12. Photo Opportunities:
• The Organizer will arrange professional photographers and video cameramen at some view locations of the running course.
• All photos will be posted on our website for free in 10 days after the race. Please don’t forget to log on to our website and get photos of your unforgettable moment with Halong Bay Heritage Marathon!
13. Event Agenda: The tentative event agenda is available on our website
14. Race Result: The record will be posted 10 days after the events.
15. Visa to Vietnam and notice about accommodation from oversea runners to the Organizer
• All oversea runners are responsible for their purpose of visiting Vietnam, including the participation in Halong Bay Heritage Marathon 2017, during their visa application and immigration.
• According to the Security Regulation and Policies from the Quang Ninh Authority for any International Events, you are required to share accommodation information during your stay in Halong with the Organizer. If you will not choose our official hotels, please inform us your hotel address by Nov 10, 2017.
• We disclaim all responsibilities if you deny providing us your hotel information in Halong.