About Halong Bay Heritage Marathon
About Halong Bay Heritage Marathon
Race date for 2018: 25 November, 2018
Halong Bay Heritage Marathon is one of the biggest, most professional and well-organized International Marathon in Viet Nam. It is held annually on the last weekend of November in the World’s Natural Heritages internationally recognized by UNESCO Halong Bay. The race aims at creating a healthy and active environment for running enthusiasts to challenge themselves as well as to meet and share their experiences. The design of the running courses offer a unique stunning course across Bai Chay Bridge, the longest single span bridge in Southeast Asia, providing runners with a spectacular view from above to the magnificent Halong Bay. The route continues through picturesque spots of mountains and coastal lines along the bay and beautiful fishing villages. The race starts and finishes at Supply planning, Fair and Exhibition Quang Ninh Province, Tran Quoc Nghien, Hong Hai, Hon Gai, Halong city, Quang Ninh Province - Cung Quy hoạch Hội chợ và Triển lãm Quảng Ninh, next to the Museum and Library of Halong. The Start/Finish Line is at the center beachfront area allowing easy access from other tourist sites in the area.
Join Halong Bay Heritage Marathon – a convergent place for all running feet and nature lovers.
- Halong Bay Heritage Marathon’s Goals:
- To promote a healthy environment with a focus on physical exercises for Vietnamese in general, as well as expand the long-distance running community in Vietnam and around the world.
- To amplify the sport spirit for participation, non-discrimination, equality, friendship and shared passion for running
- To make the event successful and enjoyable for runners with the beauty of unique scenery attractions in Halong Bay, a World’s Natural Heritage internationally recognized by UNESCO.
- Advantages of Halong Bay Heritage Marathon
- Being a unique running course alongside the most beautiful and mesmerizing coastline of Halong Bay, Halong Bay Heritage Marathon has always been a must in your yearly running schedule.
- Being one of the most well-organized marathons in Vietnam with the strong support from the local authority, Quang Ninh Department of Culture and Sport, our mission and vision is to become an annual world-class international race. Therefore, we are committed to perfect ourselves through each year of the marathon.
- With diverse running distances: 42.195km marathon, 21.1km half-marathon, 10km run and a 5km fun run, everyone can join and experience these unique running courses, as well as competing against elite runners in the most ideal weather and well-equipped, modern infrastructure.
- Enjoy privileges with world-class services, every customer's need will be satisfied with the best hotel network in Vietnam and a mesmerizing cruise tour of Halong Bay.
- Weather and Temperature:
Halong Bay is located in the North of Vietnam, its climate characterized by four distinct seasons: Spring, Summer, Autumn, and Winter.
To foreigners, especially those who live in the temperate zone, the most suitable time to visit Halong Bay is from September to March, in the seasons of Autumn, Winter and Spring when the weather is cool and dry.
From April to August, the weather is Summer. This is also time to observe much cloud and frequent drizzle with very high average humidity (95 - 100%). It is hot with typhoons and heavy rain in late Summer.
Halong Bay’s beauty especially shines in November, when the weather is relatively cold as it switches from Autumn to Winter with light wind and glittering sunlight. Imagine lazing out on the sundesk of a wooden cruiser in the middle of the bay, watching the sunset and dawn after a marathon run next to one of the most beautiful beaches on the planet. How tranquil and relaxing will that feel?
The temperature in November varies from 15-18°C (59 -64.4° F), an ideal temperature for marathoners to complete their runs without breaking a sweat. All you will need in such wonderful weather is a light jacket and you’re set for the race.
- Race Infomation & Rules:
- Halong Bay Heritage Marathon is a mostly-flat course, which will lead you to discovering Halong Bay in each running step, from the mesmerizing coastline and fishing villages, to the record-breaking bridge with a panoramic view of the bay. A gentle slope that leads to the Bai Chay Bridge will be a little challenge to those who want to take full and half marathon
- With this unique course by the world-recognized heritage bay you can take amazing photos anywhere.
- Surface: The entire race track is covered by bitumen.
- A part of the races will take place on open streets with vehicle traffic, as traffic cannot be blocked for the whole route. However, there will be police, security guards, and volunteers, therefore runners will have priority over other road users. Please obey their instructions.
REGISTER NOW FOR EARLY-BIRD REGISTRATION